A tequila and lime marinated grilled chicken club sandwich with bacon and roasted jalapeno mayonnaise.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless
- 4 buns
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeno mayo (or mayo)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (or feta), crumbled
- Puree the tequila, lime juice, oil, lime zest, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Place both the chicken and the marinade in a freezer bag and marinate over night.
- Heat he grill to medium-high, brush it with oil and grill the chicken until cooked, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!
Subscribe to the free Closet Cooking email newsletter ( http://www.closetcooking.com )and get a free copy of the eBook: The Best of Closet Cooking!
Never miss a new recipe!