Egypt’s health ministry said on Tuesday that 14 people were killed, two were injured while four went missing in a Luxor hot air balloon explosion on Tuesday, reported the state news agency.
An Aswat Masriya reporter had said that 16 people were killed leaving the rest of the 21 passengers on board injured while a spokesman of the balloon company had told Reuters that 19 tourists were killed while only the guide and one tourist survived in the mid-air explosion at about 300 meters high.
A security source told the state news agency earlier that 19 tourists from Britain, France, Japan and Hong Kong were killed in the deadly crash.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Hisham Kandil has ordered an investigation by experts in the accident to avoid similar crashes in the future.
Source: ASWAT MASRIYA